New pics from Deep South Sudan made with Pana Gx7 in Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the useful information, scipionems!
Sounds excellent. Did you often see large schools of hammerheads? And did you see many silky sharks on the Deep South trip? And you said you went end of April/beginning of May...would you say the sea is probably still rough in the beginning of April?

Hi ClaievL,
Yes in that period (end aprile-mid may) usually the sea and the wind are less rough, so it is better for the long navigation toward south Sudan... But it all depends by the seasons... (every year is different...so...)
Usually quite in EVERY dive we saw schools of Hammerheads (sometimes more than one hundred.... but we were very very lucky)....
There are a lot of silk sharks too.
I was not so lucky to see personally the Tiger shark, but i know that often they saw the Tiger shark especially in the south so..... probably you will be able to see it.

I agree with Nasser, and with your choice... The Don Questo is one of the oldest and well known boat in that area.
Even if it is not as "comfortable" as other newer boats...
But what count more is the Captain, the crew and the good guides... and on the Don Questo surely they are ALL very very good :) :wink:
Scipionems

Back
Top Bottom