New Pics from Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scipionems

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi to all,
here https://www.flickr.com/photos/scipio2010/albums/72157686288635485 you can see some new pictures made in the area of Komodo , Indonesia, during a stay at the Komodo Resort.
All made with Panasonic Gx8 in Nauticam housing and two INON Z240 strobes.
The wide pictures are made using for the most a Panasonic 8mm fisheye lens or a 7-14mm .
The macro pics using a Panasonic 30mm macro lens , sometimes adding an INON UCL 165 macro wet lens.... :)
Scipionems

Great pictures & video!

Which resort & how was the stay? Did you also go to south Komodo?

Great pictures & video!

Which resort & how was the stay? Did you also go to south Komodo?

Hi Dan_T,
Thank you :) :)
This is the resort Komodo Resort - Diving Club
Simply fantastic !! Very well organized for Diving, excellent food and rooms...
I stay in the Komodo Resort for two weeks.
Unfortunately I was not able to go to the South because there was quite a strong wind and it was hard to go there....
I was able to go even to Castle Rock, Kristal Rock and Cauldron (in the North) only two times.... always for the wind :( :(
I had even a couple of days of rain the first week.....
But this area is simply fantastic and I will surely come back another time... :wink:
Scipionems

Hi Dan_T,
Thank you :) :)
This is the resort Komodo Resort - Diving Club
Simply fantastic !! Very well organized for Diving, excellent food and rooms...
I stay in the Komodo Resort for two weeks.
Unfortunately I was not able to go to the South because there was quite a strong wind and it was hard to go there....
I was able to go even to Castle Rock, Kristal Rock and Cauldron (in the North) only two times.... always for the wind :( :(
I had even a couple of days of rain the first week.....
But this area is simply fantastic and I will surely come back another time... :wink:
Scipionems

Thanks for the info. I've been diving in Komodo 3 times, but went with liveaboard. I'll try to stay in a resort next time.

The Komodo Resort looks pretty good. Price is very reasonable and what I like the most is it has AC! Yes!

Next time try to dive in the south, around places like Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall, Manta Alley. In South Rinca you can even watch a heard of Komodo roaming on the beach during surface interval.

Not too far from the resort is a great site for a night dive, called Pink Beach. It's still one of the best night dive sites I have dove, next to Arborek Jetty in Raja Ampat.

Thanks for the info. I've been diving in Komodo 3 times, but went with liveaboard. I'll try to stay in a resort next time.

The Komodo Resort looks pretty good. Price is very reasonable and what I like the most is it has AC! Yes!

Next time try to dive in the south, around places like Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall, Manta Alley. In South Rinca you can even watch a heard of Komodo roaming on the beach during surface interval.

Not too far from the resort is a great site for a night dive, called Pink Beach. It's still one of the best night dive sites I have dove, next to Arborek Jetty in Raja Ampat.

I agree completely with you.
Consider that actually this resort has two big boat for 10-12 scuba divers , three smaller speed boats for snorkelers or small group of divers and even a 12 meters speed boat (for 8 divers or more) with two engines of 250 HP that is capable to reach the south in less than 40 - 45 minutes (if there is not too much wind) ...
And for march 2018 it will be ready even a live board of 36 meters, so you will be able to make a mini cruise of 4-5 days in the south and the rest of your holiday in the resort...
I will surely come back there when the live board will be ready :wink:

By the way look at this video.... At 2,21 minute, the Komodo dragons that you can see, are on a sandy beach near cannibal rock in the south :wink:
Scipionems

I agree completely with you.
Consider that actually this resort has two big boat for 10-12 scuba divers , three smaller speed boats for snorkelers or small group of divers and even a 12 meters speed boat (for 8 divers or more) with two engines of 250 HP that is capable to reach the south in less than 40 - 45 minutes (if there is not too much wind) ...
And for march 2018 it will be ready even a live board of 36 meters, so you will be able to make a mini cruise of 4-5 days in the south and the rest of your holiday in the resort...
I will surely come back there when the live board will be ready :wink:

By the way look at this video.... At 2,21 minute, the Komodo dragons that you can see, are on a sandy beach near cannibal rock in the south :wink:
Scipionems

Nice video!

I took these pictures below 6 years ago when I was there.

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom