New pics from Maldives made with Pana Gx7 in Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scipionems

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Scipione,

Nice Photos, as usual!
The Inon UWL-H100 is a compact and heavy lens, how is the buoyancy underwater? Do you use a flip holder and does it work with WA lenses?
The combo seems to produce sharper images (especially on the corner) than the 9-18mm you already used with the 4" dome port! Is it wide enough, or is it less wider then the 9-18mm?

Hi Shaker,
Thank you very much :)
The Inon UWL-H100 is fantastic and sharper than the Oly 9-18mm, but it is very heavy underwater, all the set is very negative.
The angle of view of the 14-42+Inon Uwl-H100 is of 100 degrees , very similar to angle of the 9-18 mm.
I use the LD version of the Uwl-H100 and i attach the lens in front of the M67 Nauticam Macro Port 35 using the Nauticam Adapter M67-LD.
With this adapter I have no vignetting at all , because the Panasonic 14-42mm G-vario Powerzoom is very short and zooming-in there is a very short excursion of the lens inside the Nauticam Macroport 35.
When i don't use the Inon Uwl-H100, I attach the lens on a Inon double Ld Lens holder attached on one of the arm of my rig.
The advantage of this set is the versatility, because you can use the Inon UWl-H100 for wide pictures or a Inon Ucl 165LD for macro picture....
The only problem is the negative buoyancy of all the set, after three dives my arms are very tired :wink:
Surely the Oly 9-18mm + 4" dome port have a neutral bouyancy, but i prefer of the 14-42mm + Inon Uwl-H100 ...... (probably because deep inside i am already a compact photographer) .
Scipionems

---------- Post added April 14th, 2015 at 03:01 PM ----------

Here https://youtu.be/_hsW5LdptCQ you can see a short video of Mantas made with the Pansonic Gx7 in Nauticam housing with Pana 14-42mm Gvario Pzoom + Inon Uwl-H100 LD wet wide lens :)
Scipionems

Back
Top Bottom