• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

【New Product】XTAR D26 2500 Dive Light

Discussion in 'Xtar' started by XTAR, Nov 23, 2020.

1. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

There were issues with the 1st release, that's been fixed. However the locking mechanism on the 1600 is still crap...so I still recommend the 1100 any day over the 1600.

To me the 1100 is the perfect light for anyone for diving. It can start as your primary and eventually move to a backup. It's inexpensive, can take 2 different types of batteries, and the output has 4 adjustable modes. It's awesome.

stuartv, scubadiver888 and D_Fresh like this.
  2. XTAR

XTAR Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Really sorry for the unhappy experience. May I know if you have tried other 26650 batteries in the D26 1600? If not, you can have a try to see if other brand 26650 battery works normally in it.

3. scubadiver888

scubadiver888 Divemaster

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I tried 4 different batteries from 3 different manufacturers. All 4 batteries work in the original D26 Whale. If the D26 1600 only works with certain battery manufacturers then that is a serious design flaw, in my opinion. The fact that other dive lights, including the original D26 Whale, works with any 26650 battery but the D26 1600 does not seems like a problem with the D26 1600 and not the battery.

stuartv likes this.