Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanOpportunity

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞

Attachments

• LombardiCOVER_FINAL_eCover.jpg
    LombardiCOVER_FINAL_eCover.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 241
thanks for that! :) as an open source coder/physicist and rb diver i was really waiting for this perfect blend of a book!

Hi @OceanOpportunity, I sincerely hope you will take this as constructive and not offensive.

I looked at both the links you posted. I learned that the author's name is Michael Lombardi. I clicked through everything I could find on Amazon and Lulu and I still have no idea who Michael Lombardi is. I have no idea who Cheryl Meany or Jeff Godfrey are, either, though I did not google them.

I googled Michael Lombardi and apparently he is a big time NFL (American) football player. The links didn't mention anything about his CCR credentials...

I read Bozanic's CCR book. It was great. It came highly recommended and Bozanic's credentials are easy to find, making it easy to believe that his book would be good.

It might be good if you at least fill in the Author's Spotlight "About Michael Lombardi" section on Lulu. And if there is any way to supply Amazon with info about the author, that would also be good.

Amazon lists the publisher as "CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform". That suggests to me that the book is self-published, so I have no idea if it was professionally edited or if the info in it has been vetted in any way.

The current information that is available (i.e. none) does not give me any reason to extend trust or credibility to the author.

I wish you the best of luck with your book - thus why I took the time to give you some feedback that I hope you will take as constructive.

I just got a copy. For the price it is affordable. I have plenty of thinner books that cost a lot more. I thumbed through it really fast, admittedly not ready anything. Appearance wise it looks good. As in it is a full book, not full on double spaced to try and pad the number of pages.

It sits in the rainy day pile on the end table. When I get a day where I just want to sit around and do almost nothing, then I will start reading it. Being it has rained here once (in the middle of the night no less) in the past month, it is going to take awhile to get around to it.

I did thumb through it just a moment ago to see if there is anything that I should comment on. I can say there are flaws. In a 2-minute flip through they can be spotted. There is a lot of basics in the book as well, very basics of diving. There is a lot of math in the book as well. More than usual.

Back
Top Bottom