New Reg. Did I Get a Good Deal???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve2003

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all!!

I am back with yet another question. I bought a new reg setup yesterday at my LDS. I bought a Aqua Lung Calypso Reg (1st & 2cnd Stage) a LPI Hose, Octopus, and a console with Depth, and Pressure. I paid exactly $496.00 for the whole package. How did I do??? Hopefully good!!!

What do you all think???

Thanks!

I'll have to rely on the others to comment on the quality of the Calypso, but I would say that what you paid is equivalent to what I paid for my Zeagle Tech50D with the TUSA DuoAir (inline octo).

That's probably about average for a LDS. YOu could have purchased the same items @ Leisure Pro.com for about $290. The advantage is the price online, the disadvantage is the lack of Manufacturers warranty. However you do get an equal warranty to the manufacturer from Leisure-pro itself if you were to have any problems.

The price seams high to me, unless there was a computer in that console. There are plenty of on-line sources that have great deals for those whom hunt. Sorry to dissapoint. :(

Hey ScubaSteve...

How about breaking down the pricing of your package and telling us which octo and which guages you got. You might have paid too much, or just gotten top quality goods.

Reg & Octopus $221 ($149 plus 72)
Sherwood/Genesis 2 consol unit (No compass) $129
Hose $22
Total $372
so I guess you got bad deal

Ahhh Sh*t!!!

Thank you all for your help. But by request I will break everything down.

Reg - USD Calypso $189.00
Octopus - USD $89.00
Console - SUUNTO (Pressure & Depth) $196.00
LPI Hose - $24.00

Here's a quick breakdown of what you could have paid:
  • USD/Aqualung Calypso $119.95
  • USD/Aqualung LPO Octopus $59.95
  • Console $115.00
  • LPI Hose $19.95

I'm sure these prices could be reduced as well. I only check one place for pricing. But the total comes out to $314.85 meaning you were overpriced [red]$183.15[/red] Sorry to say but that difference could have meant a Computer in your console.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom