New reg, hard to breathe on surface when honking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can make a very quick test, even in your sink. Keep the reg with the mouthpiece pointing up, and gently place it on the water surface, submerging it gradually. Usually the reg should start flowing when the diaphragm is submerged by 1 inch, maximum 1.5 inch. If it does not start flowing while submerging (with air inside the second stage), then it is mistuned and needs service.

You can make a very quick test, even in your sink. Keep the reg with the mouthpiece pointing up, and gently place it on the water surface, submerging it gradually. Usually the reg should start flowing when the diaphragm is submerged by 1 inch, maximum 1.5 inch. If it does not start flowing while submerging (with air inside the second stage), then it is mistuned and needs service.

Ha! We did just that at my LDS. We discussed about it and I'll test it furthermore on my dive tomorrow.
I'll get back to this thread tomorrow night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom