New Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goindrinkn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I thought I remember a post a few months ago where Mike from DRIS leaked I mean mentioned that there was going to be a new reg set coming out soon - an awsome doubles setup... Any new news?

Great memory!

The first pre-production regs have been testing the last few weeks under a variety of diving conditons. Based on that and some tear down evaluations we have done some modifications and tested them. Production is underway as we speak!

I expect to have the regs available by the 5th of May.

Popcorn as in you are waiting?

I pushed them back a couple weeks however the final production regs are actually on a truck to me from the airport as I type this.

:wink: Sorry, Didn't want to seem overly inpatient, but I am curious to take a peek at them. I'll be making a drive past Tampa this weekend or next, (depending on the weather) and last time I was in there they said they expected the arrival "soon". So I figured you'd know best!

They are in select stores as we speak!

Wow, and they look cool too! ... Because I'm slow, can you tell me the differance between the normal and the cold water 1st stage. (Other than the obvious) If I tend to warm water dive (however 60 in the gulf is freezing to me) do I loose anything using the cold water version? It looks like it's little bigger so is there an extra part stuck in there?

Thanks!

Wow, and they look cool too! ... Because I'm slow, can you tell me the differance between the normal and the cold water 1st stage. (Other than the obvious) If I tend to warm water dive (however 60 in the gulf is freezing to me) do I loose anything using the cold water version? It looks like it's little bigger so is there an extra part stuck in there?

Thanks!

It is a little bigger, basically it has a dry cold water kit that obviously works well to help keep the reg from freezing in cold water (60 isn't cold BTW) It is also good to use in SEVERE silt conditions or if you plan not to rinse the reg ever.... otherwise I would not bother with the cold version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom