New Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Creed

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my newest regulator, which is also my oldest regulator.
dscf1204.jpg

dscf1203.jpg

A DA Aqua Master. It goes nicely with my vintage steel 72s.

Aloha Creed
Way to go, it looks like a very nice DA Aquamaster. I hope you get loads of fun diving with it.
Aloha Turtleguy

Looks great Creed!
Now service that puppy and get it wet!
By the way, if you do plan to dive with it, and it is your first double hose experience (or it's been a while), please be sure to practice hose clearing in the pool for several sessions after reading up on the proper methods. Be sure to remove the one way mouthpiece valves and completely flood both hoses as well as the regulator to try total clearing a couple of times, too. Simply removing the mouthpiece and reinserting it will not give you enough knowledge and expertise to purge both hoses and the regulator in this unlikely, but possible, worst case scenario.
Congratulations.

The Aquamaster is a tough regulator. I suggest new flutter valve, new mouthpiece check valves, silicone if you can find them.Adjust the first stage intermediate pressure to 110 psi @ 2250 psi. It's important that the supply pressure be at least this level but not more than 3000 psi The 2nd stg diaphragm is tough and long lasting. Ditto for the first stage valve, diaphragm and springs, ditto for the second stage demand valve. The box clips can be removed with something called an "end cutter". In any case, use some tool with sharp jaws to gently get under the clip and lift it off. Otherwise, have a pro go through the unit. To be safe, an inspection, beyond the assumptions made here, should be carried out.

Ah! Box clips!
Creed, I have a secret way to remove and replace the boxclips without any damage (unless you scratch the box in the process). I could divulge this wisdom if you show any interest in wanting to hear it. Just let me know.

You better get rid of that thing before PadI finds out about it! They will send Homeland Security out to confiscate it. How will you ever color coodintate with that thing, what is the matter with you? You better take a refresher PadI course on Color Coordination merit badge and get right with the world. Oh, I see, your one of those Vintage Divers, that explains it.
N

Nemrod:
You better get rid of that thing before PadI finds out about it! They will send Homeland Security out to confiscate it. How will you ever color coodintate with that thing, what is the matter with you? You better take a refresher PadI course on Color Coordination merit badge and get right with the world. Oh, I see, your one of those Vintage Divers, that explains it.
N

I think I will strip the chrome, paint it neon green, and get some neon pink hoses. And maybe glue some D rings along the edge of the hoses. Never can have enough D rings. That should appease the Padi police, right? Oh, wait, I sometimes dive solo, too. Clearly, I am defective, and need a reeducation course. Maybe I can squeeze a Peak Bouyancy class in there, too.

duckbill:
Ah! Box clips!
Creed, I have a secret way to remove and replace the boxclips without any damage (unless you scratch the box in the process). I could divulge this wisdom if you show any interest in wanting to hear it. Just let me know.

I took a small flat blade screwdriver, and gently wiggled it between the top box and the clip. Then, after I got a space between the clip and the side, I inserted another small screwdriver under the clip and pried it off. I don't think I caused any scratches.

I am not a fan of the screwdriver method. I prefer the small end cutters, grasp the clip, pulling out and down rotating on the long leg, works good.

I am telling on you, calling Homeland Security right now. Code Orange alert, get the Kansaw Coast Guard (keeping the plains safe for democracy) on your tail and see how you like that. N

Nemrod:
I am not a fan of the screwdriver method. I prefer the small end cutters, grasp the clip, pulling out and down rotating on the long leg, works good.

I am telling on you, calling Homeland Security right now. Code Orange alert, get the Kansaw Coast Guard (keeping the plains safe for democracy) on your tail and see how you like that. N

Better email them, ghosts can't be heard by the living.

You forget that you died the instant you went out solo kayak diving with vintage gear. Clearly there is no way anyone could survive doing such an unorthodox, unathorized, unspeakable thing. I know for a fact that you never recieved a solo, vintage or kayak C-Card.

Even if you somehow survived the dive, the scuba police no doubt hunted you down to silence your blasephemy.

Please forward me the address of where you left all your evil gear so that I may properly dispose of it so no one else gets any crazy ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom