New Salvo Rebel 12watt LED 5.2amp Li-Ion Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dogs

Contributor
Reaction score
Up for sale is a brand new never been wet Salvo Rebel 12 watt LED w/ 5.2 amp Li-Ion canister light with charger. Bought two to have one as a spare and the first one has never given any trouble. Hate to see it never get used. Paid $780, asking $650. USPS Priority or UPS ground with tracking number for cost of shipping. Paypal or USPS money order. Thanks and pm any questions.

Attachments

• LED & Bottles 001.jpg
    LED & Bottles 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 166
  • LED & Bottles 004.jpg
    LED & Bottles 004.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 184
  • LED & Bottles 005.jpg
    LED & Bottles 005.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 137
  • LED & Bottles 008.jpg
    LED & Bottles 008.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 163
I am interested in light, but haven't heard much about them. How does the beam compare to a 10w HID. Thanks

The beam is very comparable to a 10watt HID, depending on ballast and bulb manufacturer of the HID. I believe there is a beam comparison on the Salvo website with the lights shining directly against a dark wall. The multiple bulb LED's don't have the beam tightness as does the single bulb either.

The biggest thing with the LED is the ruggedness versus the HID. You can short strike an LED, the bulb lasts longer and mainly an accidental drop to the ground every now and then won't hurt them. As for the Li-Ion batteries, basically NiMH technology has come to a standstill. Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery technology is the latest and greatest. I believe there are some other posts concerning the three battery technologies but I've been using Li-Ion's ever since Salvo came out with them in 04/05 and haven't had any trouble whatsoever.

I'll second that. I own a Salvo 12w that I use for wreck diving in the Labrador Current and also cave diving and it does fine. It's not pencil tipped like some HID's, but nobody has ever had a problem with my signals(it's not as unfocused as the Dive Rite LED's either). Also, something I like about it, is how much spillage it also gives. It will light up the surrounding area much better(at least in cave diving) than the few 10w HID's I've tried, while still giving you a usable hot spot.

Lithium batteries are the way to go. They hold more energy per unit of volume in our applications. None of the batteries used by salvo come anywhere close to the airline restrictions/UPS restrictions so don't believe any of that BS some idiots talk about. Lithium batteries also have longer lifespans than NiMH. The rest of the world switched over to lithium batteries YEARS ago, so the only reason NiMH is still so prevalent is because the diving community is worse at accepting change than the military(I can comment on both). The Salvo canister on the 12w is awesome, it's incredibly smooth/no latches or anything to snag, and it's really about the size of an energy drink can. No ****.

It's not such an awesome light that I'd go out and buy it if I already had a Salvo or Sartek 10w HID, but it's definitely one of the best choices if you're looking to buy your first can light. Another to look at is the Sartek 6600, but this Salvo IS sitting in front of your fingertips as you read.....so........

One more thing: When Salvo released this light they discontinued the 10w HID because they couldn't find a reason to keep making it as they thought the 12w LED so much better. Still, dinosaurs wanted the 10w HID brand new, and so they put it back into production. The HID also costs $100 more than the LED, even though the LED is better on every count.

I bought one of these to replace my 10W Sartek. I'm very happy with it. It is bright(er) than a 10W HID and just as focused.

It is bullet proof and has a great burn time. The entire can is also sealed so it can't leak.

Price drop to 625.00 OBO. Thanks.

Light is sold. Thank you for all the inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom