New Scubapro HUD Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what the point of it is. Solution in search of a problem. Unless you’re missing an arm or two, or you can connect it to a rebreather, there is no need for it.

@p_kos - I've had my Oceanic HUD for years and absolutely love it. I hope to hear good things about this new one. I will cry when my HUD dies.

Meh. I find the resolution poor and the fact that you have to install it in an SP mask deterring. I’ve used a NERD which is way better. I suppose for public safety divers in low viz, this has use but I find it incredibly underwhelming.

we've had most if not all on a scubapro boat regulars and flow through customers swap to shearwater

and their wasted thousands of dollars on as I call them, scubapro family computers
that live now in the far recesses of dark drawers under socks and jocks and in amongst panties
because no one wants to buy them

Shop owner has now worked up the courage to flush scubapro brainwashing
and sell shearwater albeit many thousands too late for him but it's never too late

much like my paralenz

full.jpg

staunch

and their wasted thousands of dollars on as I call them, scubapro family computers
live now in the far recesses of dark drawers under socks and jocks and in amongst panties
because no one wants to buy them

Along side these perchance.

ScubaPro_bendomatic11.jpg

Bob

I tried the new Scubapro HUD computer a couple of weeks ago. It was only a single dive so not a lot of experience with it. It can be adjusted with various shims on the mask mount so the it sits directly in front of your eye. Either side and the display can't be read. We put all of the shims to one side so it seemed OK on the surface but underwater it was still just to one side so I often had to give it a little nudge with my hand in order to read the display. I'm sure with more use you could get it dialled in better.
Despite that I found the idea quite good. Certainly means that air and depth reading was right there in front of you at any time.
My main concerns with getting one myself were, Cost (it's pretty expensive) and possible exposure to damage and loss being mounted on your mask. Other than that it works and gives you the information you need instantly. Not necessary but not a bad idea.

As regards above statement about a shop owner "flushing" scubapro products, I regularly dive off Dive Quest (the boat in the seawing nova photo above) and still see plenty of people happily diving Scubapro DCs. I don't myself but have never heard any complaints form those that do.

Scubapro haters are funny. The G2 wrist mount is a great computer. HUD probably not so good.

I have HUD in my car (came with trim line, I wanted nav) and although I don’t “need” it, I’ve gotten used to it and appreciate it, especially when it’s dark and I’m going somewhere unfamiliar.

Back
Top Bottom