New SeaLife Video Light setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyrerubber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Picked up a new addition to my rapidly growing GoPro accessory collection. I like the results, it shows some real promise for the future. The SeaLife Video Light and tray were easy to use and with the tripod adapter the GoPro fit on the tray like it belonged there.
I was surprised by the "circle of light" that appeared in the frame, it was easy for me to forget that the GoPro is a wide angle camera. At this time and with the limited amount of filming I have done with the setup I think I may be able to eliminate the circle by editing and cropping in iMovie, time will tell.
Regardless, I'm confident that this new tray and light will increase the quality of my work in the future. For the time being I'll share a short couple of clips pieced together of some nudibranches and a sea star...one clip prior to the light and tray, the second clip with the new light and tray.

Your sealife light has 70 degree coverage and the hero2 has somewhere between 110-120 degree coverage with a flat port u/w. Twin lights are the optimal set up so you can widen the light field.

Try pulling the position of the light head behind the plane of the front of the lens as much as you can. You might need a different or longer arm. The light looks well made. Nice.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll wait to get the second video light. I've just been spending way too much on accessories and gadgets of the camera. :uptosome:

I'll wait 'til after I purchase the Backscatter filter...available the end of July, I think

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom