New Seaskin drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine took about 10 weeks but they had a problem getting the pee valves. (Back ordered). I need it for sure in March for ice diving.

March for ice diving.

You still talk about ice diving in "March"???? You need to move to a warmer place outside the icebox you live in now :p

Here in central Canada we can still have lakes frozen over in April. May long weekend is always open water for our students. And usually we are putting dive floats in a couple weeks before.

Finally got it in the water. Health reasons. Everything went perfect. Suit performed magically. Sure was cold water here but all went well. 21 minutes at 6deg celcius

Awesome! I'm hoping to order a Seaskim tri-lam next month. I priced it out the other day. With pretty much every suit option they offer, including Kubi rings, and a 250g undergarment, 150g shorty undergarment, undersocks, and shipping, it still only worked out to just under USD$1500. The base trilam by itself (before any options) is only 420 British pounds (without VAT, which wouldn't be charged for an order to the U.S.) - which is USD$560. (CAD$2200 is currently USD$1700)

Do you dive doubles? Can you comfortably reach your valves with the drysuit and undergarments on?

If you are only diving single tank, still same question. Can you reach back and at least touch your tank valve without too much trouble (with suit and undergarments on)?

All this is meant "while in the water". What you can do on land is totally different.

I can do it on land in mine. Doing it in the water is easy. I've beat mine up in Mexico and Florida caves and it hasn't missed a beat. Worn it all over the place in every configuration imaginable. Works a treat.

I can do it on land in my current suit, too. It's when I get in the water, with my cold water undergarments on, that it gets difficult.

Should be easier in the water because you're not dealing with tank sag. Either way, I don't have a problem reaching singles or doubles, even with heavy cold water undergarments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom