New Seaskin drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds good. IRL, my experience has been that a poor drysuit fit/cut can result in the suit squeezing onto me in the water where, for example, the torso material does not want to slide up my body and that restricts my reach up and back - and it's a restriction that doesn't happen when I'm on land and the suit is loose and free to slide up and down my body.

In that particular example, I think it's a result of the sleeve/arm hole not being cut right or fitted correctly. If the bottom of the arm hole (i.e. the armpit) is too big/low, then reaching up necessitates that the suit torso also ride up.

Mine took 8 weeks. I tried to bribe them to speed it up without any luck. They told me almost everyone tries that. Total cost was 860 GBP without VAT.

No complaints at all about this company. Had an issue with the zipper but I fixed that and I do not believe it was caused by Seaskin themselves (see my zipper thread in this section). Seaskin looked at the pictures I sent them regarding that and gave me good additional advice on how to fix it.

Works well in water. I measured my body cord a little short (silly me) but other than that, perfect fit. For the price, I don't see any other manufacturer that beats it.

Wishlist: Kevlar covering like SF Tech. I think that will make the cost skyrocket. However, I had my first proper cut on my knee after bumping into the sharpest object on a wreck. Still Aquasure and a patch fixed it.

Here is a pic of my suit in action.
0VK3VfM.jpg

I have no issues doing valve drills with my new Seaskin. They cut the legs quite snug so I don’t even really need gaiters. The body cut is very flexible and I have been surprised by the mobility.

Disclaimer: I haven’t dived it with thick undersuit yet. I dived a set of FE J2 with a Santi 100g one piece over and had no issues. I have also tried out my Whites Fusion undersuit on land and have not felt any difference in mobility.

Any of y'all have any thoughts on the Seaskin undergarments? In particular, the 250g bunny suit?

Any of y'all have any thoughts on the Seaskin undergarments? In particular, the 250g bunny suit?
I'd be interested in hearing feedback on this as well.

Right now I'm using a Scubapro Climate which does not really fit me all that well as the inseam is too short. While I can move around okay, I have to make an effort to don my fins mid water presumably due to the undersuit causing the suit give me a lot of resistance. This is not a problem if I'm in trim while keeping my legs at a 90 degree angle (or even more). I intend to try a tighter undersuit next. Something like the Bare ultrawarmth base or mid layer. I think that might be a little more freeing. Any thoughts?

I have heard really good things about the Kwark Navy suit, and it's not too expensive. And they will do custom tailoring for your measurements.

I'm debating between the Kwark and a one-stop-shop package from Seaskin. Thinking maybe if I order everything from Seaskin, all at one time, there might be a better chance of everything fitting me correctly.

Any updates from y'all that have Seaskins?

@RainPilot Have you dived your with a thick undergarment yet?

I have ordered a Seaskin suit, placed the order on 3/19, the conformation email says it should ship 6/8. So will see, I emailed them 2 days ago asking if it will in fact ship on 6/8 and of course have heard nothing, so we shall see :)
Their website says 9-10 weeks so a bit of a wait.

Any updates from y'all that have Seaskins?

@RainPilot Have you dived your with a thick undergarment yet?
Not yet, J2 base layer and a submariner jersey only so far. I have a Whites Fusion undergarment and have tried mobility drills with it but only dry so far.

The Whites Thermal Fusion is good. It's super warm. It also moves well. Although truth be told, I never use it. It's just way too warm for the temperatures I'm diving in.

Back
Top Bottom