New Seaskin drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@JohnnyC I'm thinking of the all red suit :) still tossing about the yellow and black as well does look good. your butt pocket properly similar to mine, full of reels and stuff. I properly do a Kobi ring and kobi gloves, it a bit more expensive though. not sure if it worth it
I never see a pocket that place in front, did noticed that option, but not sure how easy it is to reach the pocket! will get a zip pocket (expedition one), me too dont like velcro. How your experience with Seaskin @stuartv ?

With my admittedly rather limited exposure I mostly would agree (DGX shorts, Hollis Neotek). The ones on my so far rarely used drysuit (deep 6) are the best so far, but just did not use them enough yet to say more.

So, in what ways do you find zippered pockets better after using them - or are you still awaitimg the suit?

I am still awaiting my suit. Quoted date for suit being done is August 31.

I ordered my Seaskin March 19 and it arrived June 19. Only have 4 dives on it but do like it.
I probably should of went up a size on the boots. Seem a little tight gearing up, but once in the suit
no issues.
Also do wish the pockets had D-rings.

Al

Final selection, what do you guys think

upload_2018-8-6_23-54-40.png

Any particular reason for the 2 different pocket sizes?

Any particular reason for the 2 different pocket sizes?
I just think that 1 is to put thing that I definitely use during a dive (the cargo one, shallow ), 1( the bigger one with velcro) that i may use or a redundant for item in the first one.
And as I dont really know how a pocket in front feel like, i tried 2 types, so if i dont like one, i can always have other option.

Fair enough. I have the regular sized pockets and they bellow so if I don't have much in them they are nice and streamlined. The expedition pockets are BIG. Mine are a little smaller than the Apeks tech shorts pockets and that's the regular size.

Fair enough. I have the regular sized pockets and they bellow so if I don't have much in them they are nice and streamlined. The expedition pockets are BIG. Mine are a little smaller than the Apeks tech shorts pockets and that's the regular size.
Um, didnt think that it would be any bigger than a normal drysuit pocket. I will have to think about it then

I love the expedition pockets. But they are expedition worthy for sure. If you're already keeping most of your stuff in your butt pouch, the regular bellows are probably more than enough, or the large size if you want them to expand a bit more.

They give the pocket dimensions on the website. Maybe cut some sheets of paper to the different sizes and hold them against your leg to get an idea?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom