New Second Stage Seat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, and Yes. There is an upgrade kit that includes the new seat. You may have to ask your LDS to contact Zeagle about it, because when I did my LDS was unaware, and neither was the local Zeagle rep. They do exist, however. Kit includes:

High-Performance Upgrade Kit includes the following second stage parts:

• New polished Stainless Steel orifice with mirror-polished end detail.
  • New low-pressure second stage seat for improved cracking effort that dramatically extends the seat life.
  • New poppet for improved tolerances and performance.
  • New Atomic Super Alloy spring and new balance chamber prevents spring binding for improved performance.

Thanks Brian,
Do you remember the price of the kit? Also, when the kit is installed, does the second stage have the seat saver (pressure release) feature that Zeagle advertises?

I paid 15 bucks @ Zeagle Express. I tried the new SS orifice with an old deeply grooved and leaky seat and it's still working great (no leaking).

I would imagine that the "pressure release" would be part of the new-design second stage.

Last edited:
Anyone NOT liking the upgrade kit? Debating if I should get it or stick with the tried and tested version i've had for so many years. I recall 1 report here of it being problematic.

And is the seat saver the same idea that Atomic uses in that it is only tight when pressurized but slightly loose when not?

Anyone NOT liking the upgrade kit? Debating if I should get it or stick with the tried and tested version i've had for so many years. I recall 1 report here of it being problematic.
No issues with the upgrade kit in my regs. FH7 already had the kit installed when I bought it. DS-V had it installed when I did annual service last year. No issues with either.

And is the seat saver the same idea that Atomic uses in that it is only tight when pressurized but slightly loose when not?
The seat saver isn't included in the upgrade kit. Seat-saver is, however, included in the F8 second stage. This seat-saver is the same as in Atomic regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom