New Sony 10.2 MP DSLR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis

Contributor
Reaction score
he he Sure, if you ship prepaid... I'm just reporting what the website says Mike. Some new kind of mount supposedly.

Actually it's the 20 year old lens mount from Minolta, hence the 16 million lenses for it.

still i find it hard to believe Pentax and Minolta have introduced over 16 million different lenses in that time frame...

Maybe 16 million sold?

Why i keep goin on about it? i have no idea... bored i suppose.. hehe

I did look at the link too, it does look like they are saying there are 16 million lenses available for this camera! hahaahahah right......

i bet the total number of lenses from every lens manufacturer combined wont even exceed 500,000:)

Physically, this looks a lot like my Olympus Evolt E-500. Since Oly and Sony both have their cameras made by someone else, I wonder if they're close copies, except for the MP rating. The E-500 is 8.1MP.

(I confess to not taking the E-500 underwater. I still stick with my C5050)

Since Sony makes the CCD for Nikon D200, this camera may be more similar to Nikon than Olympus. No announcement for any housing yet but I doubt many housing manufacturers would be willing to take a financial risk to house it.

Back
Top Bottom