Suggestion New Sub-Forum for Asia - Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
gee13

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

I would like to propose a dedicated Madives sub forum in - Travel and Dive Clubs - Asia

* Is the subject suitable for ScubaBoard?
YES

* Is it necessary, isn't this subject already covered by another forum?
YES its necessary, there is some discussion in General Asia, given the popularity of subjects containing the word 'Maldives' and the top 10 status of Maldives on the world dive map - I propose this new sub forum with the sub title - Maldives 26 Atolls, 1192 Islands, Dive the land of the Blue Lagoons

* Is it to be a private forum? If so, for which group? Any specific access restrictions (ie read-only etc.)?
No, a public forum.

Been to the Maldives six times in the last six years and will be going back next year. So it gets my vote.

Lets unveil the new Maldives forum then Mods! :ar15:

Hi gee,

Seem's like you got the votes, so now it's in with the board owners to implement or not. I'm just a forum user as with you and other users, and as you know I've given my vote. Not sure how the board will react, but you'll probably be aware that due to a Maldives based incident -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...-baani-adventurer-incident-22-may-2008-a.html

- and the subsequent talk about that incident on here, means there is now a lawsuit out (so far as I can tell) to try and close Scubaboard. In order to protect Scubaboard and have it available to us, the board owners invited donations help to fight the lawsuit.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...right-post-scubaboard-legal-defense-fund.html

I (as have many) contributed a few times to the fund, as I read all the details and most definetly in my view the lawsuit should be dropped, freespeech needs protecting, and this internet place kept wide open for us to discuss anything we want, freely, about Scuba diving.

I'd like to think the Scubaboard owners will create a "Maldives only" forum - and that users of it can give further support (and donations) to make sure Scubaboard survives, for you, I and so many others who see it as a valuable resource to gain vital info on locations and everything on diving, Maldives and elsewhere.

Sorry to drag this scenaro into your request for a Maldives only forum - but maybe we can get a few Maldives based dive centres offering their support to Scubaboard - as the incident in 2008 is one I'm sure all reputable diver centres there never want to see repeated.

Best of luck.

Hi gee,

Seem's like you got the votes, so now it's in with the board owners to implement or not. I'm just a forum user as with you and other users, and as you know I've given my vote. Not sure how the board will react, but you'll probably be aware that due to a Maldives based incident -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...-baani-adventurer-incident-22-may-2008-a.html

- and the subsequent talk about that incident on here, means there is now a lawsuit out (so far as I can tell) to try and close Scubaboard. In order to protect Scubaboard and have it available to us, the board owners invited donations help to fight the lawsuit.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...right-post-scubaboard-legal-defense-fund.html

I (as have many) contributed a few times to the fund, as I read all the details and most definetly in my view the lawsuit should be dropped, freespeech needs protecting, and this internet place kept wide open for us to discuss anything we want, freely, about Scuba diving.

I'd like to think the Scubaboard owners will create a "Maldives only" forum - and that users of it can give further support (and donations) to make sure Scubaboard survives, for you, I and so many others who see it as a valuable resource to gain vital info on locations and everything on diving, Maldives and elsewhere.

Sorry to drag this scenaro into your request for a Maldives only forum - but maybe we can get a few Maldives based dive centres offering their support to Scubaboard - as the incident in 2008 is one I'm sure all reputable diver centres there never want to see repeated.

Best of luck.

I'm not quite sure what all that has to do with a decision to create a Maldives sub forum?

Hey Wantonmein, I am well aware of what happened with regards to this case. But the case is Scubaboard vs a Maldivian Operator called Maldives Scuba Diving.

The case should not have any relevance to Scubaboard contributors wanting a Maldivian forum.

The incident is isolated and not associated with the divers such as us who have dived there or would like information about diving there.

Maldives Scuba Diving as an operator is not affiliated with the Maldives government or other excellent and World class Maldives based Dive Operations.

If a Philippines based dive company decides to sue Scubaboard for whatever reason, then I dont think Scubaboard will remotely even think of of removing PPD.

This thread is about creating a Maldives Forum for diving information.

So lets have it Scubaboard Moderators. 24 hours and counting since the 12th post of support. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom