New Suunto D6i: MODE button not working after second dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your replies and I hope you understand my frustration.
I already found a cheaper way to sent the computer to Dexclusive, about half that price, and they should be getting it today or tomorrow according to the tracking info. They will certainly be sending it to the Suunto repair facility soon, but they wanted to inspect it first.
I hope to get in on time for my dive trip next month

gtrab,

The service centers usually have very quick turn around time. Please let me know this all works out. Sorry again for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Dexclusive already confirmed they have received and forwarded the computer to the Suunto service centre.
I hope to get it soon, before my diving trip.
My concern now is how to get it back because local customs are very harsh and I am affraid they will charge me duty taxes again O___O
I'm thinking of other possibilities, maybe picking it personaly, or having a friend bring it back.
I'll keep you posted.

Well it's been two weeks since they received the computer watch and I still have any gotten any news about it.
Is it usual for a repair to take that long?
Whay wouldn't they just replace it, since the watch failed in less than a month?

Good luck with Suunto. My situation was alot diffferent but the "sorry we can't help you" from the tech & customer services were enough for me to reconsider who I spend my money with in the future. I found with having two broke dive computers, Suunto & UWATEC (Scubapro) that only Scubapro will stand behind their product. Just my recent experience.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

gtrab,

Repairs should not take any longer than 1 to 2 weeks depending upon how many computers are in line for service. Do you know what service center the computer was sent to?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

As long as I understand the watch is in Florida, but Dexclusive didn't tell me where.
My diving trip to the caribbean is this friday and I have lost hope.
I'm currently diving on charts and old-school log book.
I'm getting another computer after the trip, I'm considering several options, and I'm considering selling the repired Suunto (if it comes back) to try to recover some of the money I've lost.

EDIT:
9 weeks since I bought the supposedly "new" suunto computer
6 weeks since it failed
3 weeks since they received the "new" computer for "repair"
I'm asking Dexclusive for a refund, I need a reliable dive computer.

gtrab,

I would not blame the Suunto for this. As far as I am aware Dexclusive is not an authorized dealer, which I am assuming why this has been such a hardship for you. I apologize the the computer you bought had an issue, but if this had been purchased at an authorized dealer your computer would have just been replaced right then and there. Which D6i did you buy and I will check if the service center in Florida has it. Was it a all black, white band, stainless with black band, or stainless steel band?

Best Regards,
Chris

Dexclusive is NOT an official Suunto dealer?? Really?? I trusted Amazon, they sell the Suunto through Dexclusive o_O
This is worst than I thought.

I've been very patient with them. I don't want a "repaired new computer", not for the price I paid (along with shipping & handling and local custom taxes). Total about $1,500 (!!!)

PS: White band.

Where is Dexclusive located? Are they strictly and online dealer? I will check to make sure if they are or not. I will check tomorrow with the service center to see where the computer is. If you don't mind asking where are you going for your dive trip because it is possible that your computer is sent there. If it is just the button giving the issue the button will be replaced and not repaired. Whatever the problem is the part will be replaced with a brand new one.

Best Regards,
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom