New to Chicagoland (kinda)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpoberg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been in Chicago for 5 years and have yet to dive!! OMG!!!. This place sucked the life out of me after diving every weekend in Monterrey, CA. I have pulled all my gear out of the boxes and need a service. Then I want to go out on the lake. Is anyone interested in doing a charter dive or just going somewhere to help me get my feet wet. Been tooooooo long man, Need the water. Thanks, Matt

Has it really been five years since you've been in the water at all? You need a dive or two at Haigh Quarry in Kankakee before venturing out on the lake.

I'm more than happy to hit Haigh with you and the lake, but I'm unavailable for a couple of weeks. Just got back from Tobermory on Sunday. Need to take a weekend to visit the non-diving friends and get some stuff done around my place, then Intro to Tech up in Ontario the first weekend in August. I'm open for the second weekend in August (10/11). I'll need some dives in my doubles anyway.

ETA: and no, this place doesn't suck the diving out of you. I can easily dive every weekend from the beginning of April when Haigh opens through the end of October when Haigh closes. April and October are pretty much just quarry diving. The Great Lakes (mostly Michigan, some Huron) the other months.

I'm down.. Probably need a service and fill anyways. Think the air is 4 years old. LOL. I have a new deysuit i bought when i got to IL. Never used it...LOL PM me and ill give you contact info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom