New to Diving and New to Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida........after you've tried the rest come to the best.....south florida..........(smile).

Welcome aboard MrsDoll. Have you found your way into the Locations forums yet? Lots of excellent reading in there, if not for locales you're ready for, but also those to bucket list.

I have not found that yet. I swim on over and scope it out. Thank you!
Welcome aboard MrsDoll. Have you found your way into the Locations forums yet? Lots of excellent reading in there, if not for locales you're ready for, but also those to bucket list.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida........after you've tried the rest come to the best.....south florida..........(smile).
I will have to do that..and..did research SFL last year. Nothing bad in Ft Laud and the Keys from what I remember when I was there in the mid 90's..but I am positive it has grown since then.

You might check in with local dive shops to see what trips they’re running.

I did an oil rig dive with American Diving in South Padre Island. Pretty good. Also dives the beach side of the jetty--viz was bad, 15' depth, strange current.

I did an oil rig dive with American Diving in South Padre Island. Pretty good. Also dives the beach side of the jetty--viz was bad, 15' depth, strange current.
I am glad to know that South Padre does diving. 5 hour drive for me, not bad. Pending on wind direction ( I drive a jeep). I May check into that. I would not want to dive close to shore but the oil rig sounds interesting.

Welcome aboard!

You are half way between Austin and Houston. Heck of a lot better than Dallas. :)

I've never used them but there is a dive club called CHUM in Houston (around 1.5 hour drive from you). They have a website at CHUM Social Dive Club. Maybe check them out. The dive clubs I used in Dallas were great for local diving and dive trips. Most likely, if you are traveling, you'll be looking for flights out of Houston. So CHUM members should have some good suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom