Suggestion New to diving vs. New to diving PRO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
The_DivePirate

The_DivePirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We seem to have a forum for newbies to ask Q's about there issues as new divers, and we have a forum for instructors to talk with other instructors to talk of issues and philosiphies. But nowhere for Divers that are venturing into the professional end of diving, whether it be training to be a DM or all the way to instructor status. It would be nice to talk to others on the board that have or are having some of the same issues other trainees are having. A place to go to talk about what to maybe expect, and talk about ways to handle certian situations that recently happen during the training of new divers. I have just made the jump and would like to talk with others in my same situation. When I was first starting scuba, I came here for valid/supportive info. (fishlips_1) I've been very busy expanding my diving career and have been away for to long!! But, I'm back to help and be helped by other divers. Had been to other sites but SCUBABOARD is by far the best!!! Maybe it could be called on the PRO ladder
or something like that. Just a thought.

Dive safe/Train hard
Joe

I guess the description threw me. Seemed as if that was for new divers, not those continuing to a pro status. I just know that some times, when all the mahem starts, I'll leave from the main populas and go to the specialized forums. If this is where we are supposed to go, to get valid/usefull info I will try. I was just hoping for something with a little more proffessional attitude than just an open forum. I'll try

Dive safe/Train hard
Joe

The_DivePirate:
Seemed as if that was for new divers, not those continuing to a pro status.
It can be used by both groups. The only members who can answer a question in that forum are Instructors.

Also, You need special priv's to post in the instructors panel. I'm looking to reflect with other DM's/DMC's and even newer instructors on what they went threw when they had students to deal with for the first time. Also maybe talk techniques of dealing with certian issues that arise in OW classes. It seems as if the Q's that are being asked in the instructors panel are quite trivial vs. informative for a diver actually persuing a carrer in proffessional diving.

Joe

El Orans:
It can be used by both groups. The only members who can answer a question in that forum are Instructors.
Just curious ... how do it know if you are answering or asking a question?

I'm figuring you have too get a hold of an Instructor thru a PM. I guess you have to spot an instructor PM them your Q and look on the instructor page. Not really a forum as much a multi answer page, NO INTERACTION. This may work for a new diver, it won't be working for me. Just seems to me that it would be benefitial too all. Instructors would get DM's with possibly a broader respect for their instructor, new divers would get more informed DM's to certian issues that can happen on an average, and DM's/DMC's could reflect on things they have had to deal with. IMO

Dive safe/Train hard,
Joe

pir8:
Just curious ... how do it know if you are answering or asking a question?
It doesn't. You can only ask questions through a Moderator or Instructor.

The_DivePirate:
I'm figuring you have too get a hold of an Instructor through a PM. I guess you have to spot an instructor PM them your Q and look on the instructor page. Not really a forum as much a multi answer page, NO INTERACTION. This may work for a new diver, it won't be working for me. Just seems to me that it would be beneficial too all. Instructors would get DM's with possibly a broader respect for their instructor, new divers would get more informed DM's to certain issues that can happen on an average, and DM's/DMC's could reflect on things they have had to deal with. IMO

Dive safe/Train hard,
Joe
The procedure for creating a new forum is easy: Get at least 10 members who will support your request.
Please note that this doesn't guarantee the creation of a new forum.

Another reason to create a new forum if the number of related threads becomes so massive that it seriously disrupts the other forums.

Back
Top Bottom