New to forum, West Palm Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imwright1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Figured i woud check out the site, I have to get certified but have been diving before just got most of the cash saved to do the course but trying to save some cash since im a starving college student. Didnt know what all was available for a kindof lower price in my area I have all my own gear except for tanks

Hello and welcome to SB

welcome to the board! I just sent you a pm about classes, I hope I can help...I'm also a poor college student with a passion for diving, money should not be a huge barrier...

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You are definately on the right track and the fact that you have most of your gear means that most of the up front expense is behind you! As a double benefit, starting in Hollywood and heading north there is some very good beach diving in the area -- so you won't have to break the bank everytime you want to get wet. Blue Heron Bridge is a particular favorite.. the sea life is incredible for how easy it is to reach and the potential for great macro photo shot is awesome!!!

As a far a find a place to get trained and a group of local divers to hang out with, go to a couple shops and dive clubs to see where you feel most comfortable. There are several excellent operations to choose from as well as some very good independent instructors... Each has its own set of plusses and minuses so it is not a situation where there is only one right choice. Just make sure you find the right choice for you. While we of course would love to work with you and invite to come by for a visit anytime, there is a reason there are so many flavors of ice cream at 31 flavors... everyone's idea of what works for them is a little bit different!

Enjoy the adventure of diving!

P.S. ScubaBoard is a great resource with many dedicated contributers. In addition to public posts, don't hesitate to send private messages to anyone that you think might be able to help you with a specific question... That is what most of us are here for!

thanks for the welcome, Ive been checking some of the dive shops in WPB area and for getting certified through a shop am stuck between Force-e, Scuba Center and Jupiter Dive. All 3 have comprable pricing and force-e is slightly closer but i have heard alot of great things about all 3. I also have a few friends that want to get certified and depending on what happens with the whole group asfar as finances and schedules is kinda the determining factor. Our primary concern is making sure all of our safety aspect are covered and that we get certified

Hey imwright I just recently got certified myself. I live in about the same area. If you ever want to dive hit me back.

just found out about scuba club also, gotta give them a call tomorrow, sounds pretty cool. I def would like to dive with some other people but have a group of friends already just trying to get one more boat running and get certified, gotta wait till i get certified which should be soon (mid july unless i can start course then finish when i get paid).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom