New to rebreather diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does Inline Shutoff do?

allows you to disable the ADV. You really only want it for the primary descent and after that it is a nuissance with most designs. The MAV allows you to add dil manually instead of through the ADV, but also allows you to plug in offboard dil, hence wanting both

What does Inline Shutoff do?
Inline shutoff allows you to block gas flow to the ADV so if you go head down the ADV won't automatically fire from the pressure differential in the water column. It comes st as ndard on the CE version along with a diluent MAV. I find the dil MAV redundant as you can easily just press the button on the ADV if you need dil.

allows you to disable the ADV. You really only want it for the primary descent and after that it is a nuissance with most designs. The MAV allows you to add dil manually instead of through the ADV, but also allows you to plug in offboard dil, hence wanting both
There is an O2 MAV that offboard dil can be run through, if needed. The dil can be added easily via the ADV so a dil MAV offers no benefit.

Attachments

• 15965012602853307718095727071279.jpg
    15965012602853307718095727071279.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for the advice. Really appreciated.
One more question, what spare parts do you usually get? O ring kit, O2 sensors? My instructor said buy some spare parts but didn’t say anything specific. I’ll ask him again tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciated.
One more question, what spare parts do you usually get? O ring kit, O2 sensors? My instructor said buy some spare parts but didn’t say anything specific. I’ll ask him again tomorrow.
O2 OPV, O-rings, batteries, zip ties, Tear Aid, spools for pressure gauge, wing nuts and bolts, spare 1st stage . . .

There is a great list put together by another user who kinda nailed it. Search JJCCR spare parts.

There is an O2 MAV that offboard dil can be run through, if needed. The dil can be added easily via the ADV so a dil MAV offers no benefit.

have to unblock the ADV to add dil, so personal preference I guess on that.

@QAQTAT I'd have one spare sensor for class, and then you'll want the o-rings to keep as a just in case

I couldn’t imagine not having a dil mav and having to rely on an adv. I would get the dil mav and otherwise leave it stock. Second connected computer is a waste.

I couldn’t imagine not having a dil mav and having to rely on an adv. I would get the dil mav and otherwise leave it stock. Second connected computer is a waste.
The ADV on the JJ has a MAV on the ADV itself and it's easy to reach. It's the button on the tee in the pic I posted. That's why having a 2nd inline dil MAV right below the ADV is redundant and not on the International version. :)

ps: the inline shutoff disables the ADV, the dil MAV on the ADV, and the redundant secondary dil MAV.

I dive a JJ. I would order the international edition without extras, with an axial scrubber.
If your instructor insists on adding the dil mav and flowstop, take them.
Order both o-ring kits and an extra pair of scrubber scrims from JJ. Other stuff you won't need immediately or can source locally.
Dive at least 100h on your mod1 configuration before starting to tinker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom