New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveMKentucky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello everyone. New to the board.

I'm getting back into diving in a limited way after 25 years or so absent from the sport. I was certified as an open water diver back in 1976 while stationed in Pensacola in the Navy. I moved from Pensacola and stopped diving about 25 years or so.

A recent opportunity to dive again rekindled my interest so went back down to Pensacola to take a refresher. MBT Divers in Pensacola really stepped up for me. I was able to shadow a class in progress. I was retested on skills in a local pool on Friday night then completed three dives off Fort Pickens Saturday. The price was surprisingly low and the quality of instruction was superb.

Anyway, happy to be back in the sport and looking forward to learning from all of you in the near future.

Glad you're back in the game. I had to do a Google search to see where Austin, KY was; relative to me, on the other side of Bowling Green.

There are a lot of us inland divers. You can still enjoy the hobby.

Hopkinsville, KY has Pennyroyal Blue Spring Resort, a fine quarry with onsite dive shop. A pretty good drive from you, but it's an option. Some people have dove a bit in Dale Hollow Lake (I've done a little, not lately; big drive for me).

Richard.

Welcome back. I've dived Ft. Pickens a couple of times. We're usually in Destin for Jan.-March. If you're in the area then let me know.

Glad you're back in the game. I had to do a Google search to see where Austin, KY was; relative to me, on the other side of Bowling Green.

There are a lot of us inland divers. You can still enjoy the hobby.

Hopkinsville, KY has Pennyroyal Blue Spring Resort, a fine quarry with onsite dive shop. A pretty good drive from you, but it's an option. Some people have dove a bit in Dale Hollow Lake (I've done a little, not lately; big drive for me).

Richard.

Thanks for the reply Richard. Yes, I knew about the Pennyroyal dive option. I actually called to talk to them but they weren't technically open at the time. I was told that their first dive was going to be the 14th but couldn't confirm. I will likely go dive with them when I get a chance.

Austin is about six miles from the entrance to Barren River State Park down Hwy 87. We moved here from Florida in 2011.

howdy and welcome form southeast florida.....sounds like your refresher was a piece of cake...enjoy your return to the deep blue sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom