new to the diving scene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cubez73

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
hi guys saw your chat group on google while looking at padi courses me and my wife both 45 yrs young have been snorkeling for years and have now decided scuba is the next step so we did a try dive and also did it in eygpt last month for A 20 MIN try dive and we loved it so were wanting more info on whats next for us to do and advice with you guys im rob and my wifes toni

thanks guys

Welcome. Next is the Open Water Course. I was the same with decades of snorkeling, which should make the course easier than if you hadn't done that. Especially the various mask/airway skills. Looking ahead, lots of local diving on a regular basis will get your buoyancy and dive skills pretty sharp in not too long a time. Then you can think of more advanced training to the Rescue Course (or equivalent with any agency), which everyone here on the Board recommends eventually.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida uisa...good luck to you and your wife with the class.

Welcome to the forum! Yes, the Open Water course is next. You could go ahead and get started on it during the winter and do you book work and (indoor) pool dives out of the way -- then just have to do your "checkout" dives when you are able to dive in warmer water (either with your local shop or by getting a "referral" to an instructor at a vacation destination).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom