New to the game excited to learn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have only been diving for about 9 months and just returned from jamaica where we went on several fun journeys. I had my first experience with video recording underwater and we have enjoyed watching the footage and sharing with our friends. I purchased an Equinox housing and it was easy to use and very affordable (give them some free advertising). Just wanted to join and hear everyone's stories. Look forward to talking with all of you.

Watershooter, you could do a google thing, and find lots of dealers who want to sell you something else. . . Or. . . you could hit the "Forums" button and scroll down the list of topics to "Underwater Photography". Hidden away there as a stepchild is a section for video. There are some really, really good video shooters that will talk to you about what the do and how they do it.

Greetings Watershooter and welcome to SB! It is a wonderful thing to dive is it not!
I have been diving for three years and still I am amazed and in awe of the experience.
The photography bug has bitten the way it sounds, just always remember to train with your gear. This is over and above skill mastery.
A friend of mine took his new camera on his first wreck dive and it is still there somewhere. New additions need to be trained with pre-photo dive opportunities.
A peak performance buoyancy class is always a plus when considering photo / video diving opportunities. I love dive videos and photo's my wife loves to take them!
Diving is many different things to many people, that is what makes it so great!
I also have some other friends who are the best video / still photo divers I have ever seen. It is their hobby but the product is TV, magazine quality!
When the weather is to bad to dive I put one of their movies in and I am there!
Good luck with your diving photography and I can not wait to view your travels!
Have a blast diving and keep training always be safe!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom