New Tourist Attraction on Little Cayman - Glass Bottom Boat Rides

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a nice story, both in terms of the boat's history and the fact that the man who restored the boat is a local. Mr T's grand children and great grandchildren are often on LC and for them to be able to go out on Miss Polly would be wonderful. This should be a good outing for any non divers. My first intro to the underwater world was a glass bottom boat in Florida as a child. One look through the glass and I was hooked.

What a nice story, both in terms of the boat's history and the fact that the man who restored the boat is a local. Mr T's grand children and great grandchildren are often on LC and for them to be able to go out on Miss Polly would be wonderful. This should be a good outing for any non divers. My first intro to the underwater world was a glass bottom boat in Florida as a child. One look through the glass and I was hooked.

I've never visited Owen Island on Little Cayman, but maybe we can take a glass bottom boat ride over there during our next trip!

@Doctorfish I found this photo on the Internet and I think that it shows Damian behind the bar at Beach-Nuts, but I am not sure; can you confirm? I wish that I was there; it's really cold outside right now!

Damian worked at LCBR for years and is now the proprietor of the new Little C Tours (aka the "Miss Polly" Glass-Bottom Boat Tours) on Little Cayman - congratulations, Damian!

lcbr_bar.jpg

That is a great business to help non-divers survive a week on LC with a diving spouse.

Absolutely! And it may also be of interest to visitors to Grand Cayman that are curious about the sister islands and inclined to take a short excursion to check it out. Below are a couple of positive reviews recently posted on TripAdvisor:

Little C Tours "Little Cayman" - 2019 All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

A day in lLittle Paradise
We had the best day in an impromptu visit to Little Cayman with Damian, head of Little C Tours. We connected with him as soon as we landed and he took us on a car and walking tour of the island, and he knew every interesting detail there was to learn! Then he offered to take us on his simple but perfect little boat and he even brought us some snorkeling masks to use! I told him to call this our “surf and turf” tour! We spent hours enjoying the island, and by the middle of it all, my 20 year old daughter and I felt like we had a new good friend. We experienced life on an island we could only have imagined or read about before and we feel lucky to have met Damian as our tour guide. We will be back that’s for sure!
Date of experience: December 2018

A great day in Little Cayman!
Went out today with Damian of Little C Tours. What a fantastic experience. We did sooo much in a short three hours. Snorkeled the reef, went bone fishing with my son catching his first bonefish, and finished off the tour relaxing on Owen island, which we had all to ourselves. Damian is a great guy and fantastic with teenagers. e.g. very patient. Highly recommend Little C Tours to anyone visiting Little Cayman!
Date of experience: November 2018

I know that bar! And I miss the little bartender from Taiwan....wish I remembered her name! Hopefully I’ll find a duplicate on Brac.

I know that bar! And I miss the little bartender from Taiwan....wish I remembered her name! Hopefully I’ll find a duplicate on Brac.

The new bar at CBBR is very different, it is modern and upscale. It is a 2-level structure and it offers great views of the island, the sea, and the beautiful infinity pool.

It's funny because I heard both positive and negative comments about the CB bar during our recent trip. A couple of guys said that they much preferred the "beach shack, t-shirt decorated, atmosphere" of the Beach Nuts bar at LCBR.

And a husband (diver) and wife (non-diver) couple told us that they really loved the "comfortable and beautiful bar" at CBBR.

So everybody is different. I like them both, just as I like all 3 Cayman islands for similar and different reasons. Whatever your preference, the CBBR bar is a nice place to hang out at the end of the diving day to relax and socialize.

Some of you may remember the big green fiberglass seahorse figure that used to stand by the old bar at CBBR? It's still on the property but it has been moved over near the dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom