New Toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, no, I have not taken the plunge yet. In fact Mango (my kayak's name) is sitting in the back yard watching the grass grow. Not much of a life for a kayak. Hope to get it out soon though.. anybody game for Sunday afternoon??

Ouch - sorry to hear that. I'm itching to get a kayak myself now, but KayakJeff is all out of stock! I've been doing some research. Did you learn of any rules of thumbs about length before buying? Or is it simply a matter of personal taste/capability? Taste - I like big ... Capability - I can paddle/lift-off-my-car a bigger boat?

From what I can tell, the Scrambler seems to be the most popular with yak divers, and 13 ft seems to be the norm, though I know of divers who are quite happy with their 15 ft., and mine is "only" 11.
At 50+ lbs, the yak is a bit of a pain to lift up on the car by myself. Not that's heavy, but bulky. My car has the dents to prove it when it slipped from my hands while taking it down. ouch... Am looking at alternatives and wondering if the hard roof rack system vs. my foam rollers will work better.

Hope to get it out soon though.. anybody game for Sunday afternoon??
darn it no, I'm headed to Fairchild for Dog Days. Let me know when you go to church on a Saturday night so we can dive a Sunday morning!

What time are you going? Maybe a morning dive?

I'm meeting someone at 9 in Miami tomorrow so a morning dive won't work.

Drat...

I might be up for an am kayak dive. Let me see what the weather report say for tomorrow.

Looking forward to diving with you in the morning Jenny :)

Had a nice dive with Scuba_Jenny. We took lots of pictures and caught a lobster. A good day!
You can view the pics here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom