New Transmitter firmware released for Icon Net Ready

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday I gave my transmitter to the Mares reseller. I'm curious how long it will take to get it back :)

Yes, got it back. Takes about 2 weeks, but depends a little on the reseller, who didn't send it immediatly to Mares. Mares told me they get it on monday and send back on thursday.
But I didn't yet test the transmitter, because my regulator blows and it goes to service.

There was an article somewhere saying which SNos of the transmitter already had the new software, but I can't find it. Anyone?

A new firmware for the icon transmitter has been released (v 1.38). Icon + transmitter must be taken to a Mares Service Centre. No self-update possible. (Stupid considering Mares boasted the two-way communication possibilities of the icon).

Z

icon transmitter firmware upgrade Clipboard02.jpg

My guess is that the icon needs to have the latest fw as well, so just to make sure and update if necessary.

Where is the closest service center? I'm in the sacramento Ca area. There is a dealer in my area but not likely can perform this kind of service. If I drop it off with them I'm not very confident in their follow through.

Also Zak, is mares considering adding CCR modeling to the icon? It would be very useful as a backup computer. If so and you need a beta tester let me know. I have the APD EVO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom