New Upcoming Documentary: Hae Shin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralreefer_1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello to all you beautiful people. I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, mods please move if not.

I am here to announce the unofficial trailer for a new documentary about ocean debris in general, and my personal efforts here in S. Korea volunteering with the PADI Dive Against Debris initiative. We are about halfway through production now, and it has been a wonderful experience so far.

You can view my DAD efforts here, just scroll down a bit.: coralreefer | Project AWARE

You can support us in the making of this documentary here: www.gofundme.com/hae-shin-south-korean-marine-debris-cleanup . The link to the trailer is at the bottom.

Hopefully by the end of summer production will be finished and we will be at a film festival near you!

Heya beautiful people. Just a quick update. Production on the film is going well. We did have the head of a major ocean research organization here back out of an interview at the last minute, but we are securing more volunteers that will help fill that gap and help us reach out to government officials and other researchers.

It's not easy being a foreigner in a country, but making a documentary that highlights an issue that is a worldwide problem, yet the local population take personally as an insult if you point it out on these shores. I have lived in Korea for 15 happy years and love this country and its people, but xenophobia is a rare, but all to real thing on occasion, and we are learning there is a very small segment of people here that hate on the idea of a couple of foreign blokes making a documentary about trash in Korea.

There is still much more to film and edit and translate into various languages. But here are a few clips. Here is a member of this community spending thousands of my own money to produce a documentary as a passion project to highlight and raise awareness for this issue within the country i reside. I would be happy if more people of this community could share the film and help us get it out there. You don't need to donate. Just a few comments would be great^^ Noone will care about this film more than the scuba community!

Unofficial trailer -
Some extended footage -

coralreefer_1 is one of the most dedicated "dive against debris" divers I have ever met. The work he has done in South Korea is invaluable. While ocean pollution and plastics may be a global problem it is surprisingly bad here in South Korea. I love the people of Korea but they have a terrible problem with not cleaning up after themselves. Families have a wonderful picnic on the beach and simply walk away from it. The dive community in South Korea is small but passionate. I hope this film draws attention to the problem of marine debris and this one divers' struggle to maintain his adopted beach site. Good work dude! Keep fighting the good fight!

Myeongseong to you for your efforts ! May I suggest that you would likely get a better response,possibly also some volunteers, from within the local Christian churches ?

Back
Top Bottom