New valves issue with quality control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pisoiu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Today I received 4 brand new tanks, 2x11.1 liters and 2x7 liters, all aluminium, from an online store in France. They came wrapped in plastic bags, very nicely packed.
Valves were not installed and were delivered separately in zip bags. Each valve was with the dip tube also not mounted on it, and all the threads were protected by some plastic cover.
I mounted the first dip tube on the valve and when I was looking at the valve from all sides, I barely noticed that something was inside the dip tube. I took it off, looked inside and when I inserted a toothpick at one end, a very nice ball of debris from lathe came out at the other end.
Well, I think that if I had not noticed it now, I would definetely noticed something on a dive, when that debris could clog the valve output...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom