New Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWithTurk

Bubble Blowing Buddha
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was on the site yesterday and noticed it says "Ordering disabled while we finalize the new website"

Can you give us any insight as to the changes we might see or maybe even added gear that will be listed or is it top secret?

Just opened my email and saw that the new site is up!!! Same address, go check it out.

Erik

Got the same e-mail. Just for funzies I tried to add a stage regulator package. Only customization option was DIN/yoke, no option for metric or imperial SPG, inflator, hose lengths, etc.

Interesting that there's no doubles package, just a sidemount package. The old website had both.

I'm assuming all of these will be addressed shortly, but probably should have been there when the new site went live. It happens, no big deal. Landon's probably brain fried at the moment anyway.

I didn’t dive that deep into the site (no puns intended), so I didn’t realize what was missing. I knew they were out of lights before they started the revamp, and those are still missing, but I can imagine that they are all mentally drained right now and are planning on doing any touch ups later.

Got the same e-mail. Just for funzies I tried to add a stage regulator package. Only customization option was DIN/yoke, no option for metric or imperial SPG, inflator, hose lengths, etc.

Interesting that there's no doubles package, just a sidemount package. The old website had both.

I'm assuming all of these will be addressed shortly, but probably should have been there when the new site went live. It happens, no big deal. Landon's probably brain fried at the moment anyway.

I haven't checked out the stage kit but the sidemount package has all the customized options down to hose color (Deep 6 orange!)

I'm sure it'll all get added as Landon finds everything that's missing.

Hey all,
The new website isn't just a new website design- all of the internal workings are different. Basically, we realized our old e-commerce platform wasn't capable of handling the amount of stress we were putting it through, nor was it capable of doing what we wanted it to do. We needed a better solution to provide you with the best service possible, and to allow for future endeavors as we continue to grow.

Landon and I have been working on developing the website for a few weeks now, and we've really kicked it into overdrive these past few days. We've literally been working from 9AM - 4AM every day this past week. Landon has been working on different modules our site needs (like payment processors, affiliate system, shipping integration, etc) while I've been working on building all of the databases (like product listings, account management, inventory management, etc). Our brains are completely fried. We've managed to crash our site countless times as we've worked through kinks in the system. Through that process, Landon and I have learned that coffee mugs don't fly, they break- throwing fins is a much better option! All that said, we now have it functional enough to start accepting orders from all of you, though still in limited capacity.

Over the next week or two, you'll see items go in and out of stock- some because we're working on issues (either working on a database or module), others because we're actually out of stock. There may also be times where the website is down. Even though it'll likely be because of something Landon or I did, blame Chris :D. No need to worry though, we're very diligent about making backups before we make any changes.

To address some issues brought up: You may have caught me while I was actively working on the stage regulator package. It's now finished, but you'll notice it's OOS- we're waiting on a new shipment of 6" and 9" HP hoses as we're out of both. At least one of those hoses needs to be in stock for that package to be considered 'in stock'. I'll be putting in the doubles package shortly. Speaking of OOS items, we are expecting a large shipment of product within the next few weeks. Lights will not be included- they have been placed on the back burner as we focus on other product development. We may start offering them again in the future, but we would want to redesign them first, so don't expect them any time soon.

Even though it may not be as fast as some of you would like, I assure you we're doing everything we can to get the new website finished, and get our supplies replenished.

Best,
Bill

Also, I cannot confirm, nor deny, that new products may be coming in the next few months. :wink:

I am going to go ahead and read this as "The often discussed and rumored computer will become available" Mainly because my old computer only works on splash now :banghead: and I am holding out for the Deep 6 so fingers crossed. :D

I am going to go ahead and read this as "The often discussed and rumored computer will become available" Mainly because my old computer only works on splash now :banghead: and I am holding out for the Deep 6 so fingers crossed. :D

The computer isn't a new thing, so I'll go ahead and say no, it's not ready yet. :(

Back
Top Bottom