New Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may not be the best place for this but I seems related to the new website, and I don’t think it is worthy of a new thread.

This is really a review of the customer service I received from Deep6 last night. Unfortunately I did not get the name of the person helping me.

I decided to get myself a new pair of fins and opted to give the eddy fins a try. Like most important purchases I was doing this from the comfort of my couch on my phone. I created a customer account and picked out the size and color of my liking. I went to check out and got a blank white page. Cleared my browser data and tried again, same result. Got off my ass and went to a nearby laptop, same result. So back on my phone at 9:30pm ish CST I clicked the little chat icon. Got an almost instant reply. Was told the checkout should be working, but asked what my issue was. I went up to my desktop computer to see if maybe that would work, same thing. Anyways I spent about 20 minutes with one of the persons doing the web programming and he was able to recreate the problem, and promptly fixed it.

I could have been pissed that I was inconvienced and had to spend my time helping them solve a problem on their site. I was not. I was impressed that someone was there late at night worked with me and helped my. They sent me their cell number to call if needed.

The bottom line is it was THEIR problem but they were so awsome to deal with and helpful. To me it speaks volumes about them as a company, I’m sure other issues with their products would have been handled in a similar manner. This is one company I really hope makes it (my guess is they will).

In short Deep6 was an absolute pleasure to deal with, I will have no problem supporting them in the future and can’t wait for my fins to get here.

@MaxE thanks for the review. We will get those out to you soon.

^----- what @LandonL said.

For those curious, we test on IE 11, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Silk and Opera. We check these (where applicable) on iOS, OS X, Android, Chrome OS, Winblows 10, Winblows 8, and Ubuntu. If any of you are using something different, please let us know.

Thanks for including a GNU/Linux distro! I use openSUSE myself.

In short Deep6 was an absolute pleasure to deal with, I will have no problem supporting them in the future and can’t wait for my fins to get here.

All the Deep6 guys are awesome. I'm personally slowly switching out all of my regs to Deep6. Already got my sidemount set, deco/stages are next. Only think I won't be swapping is one set of rebreather regs because the Apeks Tek3's are perfect for inverted cylinder rebreather use. Everything else is going to be Deep6. They just breathe so nice, are inexpensive, and easy to fix, including available service documentation.

I can't wait for the online training portion of their reg service course to come out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom