New wreck coming to Tobermory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wasn't it stated before that the now in operation Chi Cheemaun Ferry was built for less that the current (and apparently grossly understated) estimates for rehab of this train wreck?

I'm confident you could build new for less then it will cost to refurbish?

I hate to use stoo as an example of good money after bad but he would be far better of if he had a suspicious fire rather than the ongoing renovation at his cottage

This can quickly turn into a 100 million dollar project.

And then how do you pay down a hundred million dollar debt and the 5 million dollar operating expenses well carring 100 passengers on 5 day cruises over a 3 month season.

Shake my f#$#n head
You would only have to charge about the same as an around the world cruise to make it profitable. I can see them lining up right now.

The future of the Norisle became an issue during the last municipal elections

I guess some dreams never really die. It is not like the Save the Norisle hasnt had time to look at this. They have been planning a rebuild since 2008. And in that 10 years it has just been a big waste of time and money.

Sad end to the ship.

I hate to use stoo as an example of good money after bad but he would be far better of if he had a suspicious fire rather than the ongoing renovation at his cottage

Hahahaha... there's a reason I keep my gas cans, O2 bottles and spare propane tanks right beside the BBQ. I think the only thing that's saved it so far is the mould. :gas:

Wasn't it stated before that the now in operation Chi Cheemaun Ferry was built for less that the current (and apparently grossly understated) estimates for rehab of this train wreck?

Who knows, but I do know that the Cheech looses a fortune every year. Once they improved the highway that runs around Georgian Bay to points north, it's literally faster and less expensive to drive rather than take the ferry.

Well the one up at the Soo would also make a great dive site if this one doesn't work out. They should invest in a high speed ferry to Manitoulin Island and North Channel and send the Chimun to the bottom.

Well the one up at the Soo would also make a great dive site if this one doesn't work out. They should invest in a high speed ferry to Manitoulin Island and North Channel and send the Chimun to the bottom.

I think the Norgoma has found a new home in Michigan, although nothing shows up in a quick Google search.

Just a bit of an update. Nothing new really. I don't think that this changes the likelihood of a restoration happening, but it might increase the chances of it sinking at the dock. There is such an egregious conflict of interest with the new Mayor and the one Counselor, it's laughable, but I guess time will tell.

So the wait continues.

Tobermory group disappointed with S.S. Norisle change of tack

small town politics isn't it grand .....I deal with it too , sometimes it makes you want to move .....to Toronto..........lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom