New Years Day Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its 11* and scott thinks it's a good idea to dive wet!!!!i think he's still rockin' his buzz!!!!!!

11* water temp? Must be nice in that tropical water! Was 4* out here. We had 2 girls diving wet. Made the rest of us feel bad. Then we got out of the water and were warm, and we laughed.

Slash down today at 1300 eastern time...outside air temp 40 F. Water temp damn cold. 50 minutes to total dive time with P11. Very good dive but raining and cold all day.

We really don't stop diving here year round, but none the less we did a New Years Day dive in our local lake today. Most of us dive wet even if water temps drop to in the lower 40's in Feb. Cloudy, low vis today because of recent rain and high winds, 53F water, but good fish life.

11* water temp? Must be nice in that tropical water! Was 4* out here. We had 2 girls diving wet. Made the rest of us feel bad. Then we got out of the water and were warm, and we laughed.
note to self....
when talking canuck,put the f after temp* lol

Very fun dive. Felt good to get back in the water. Cold and rainy, but that doesn't stop us...:wink:

I've done the New Years thing (I only dive wet) in Nova Scotia (and Feb.-March, when water temps. are coldest). Am in Destin, FL now (Jan.3) on the northern Gulf of Mex. where locals in the area just did a Polar Bear swim in 55F water. It's all relative.

Back
Top Bottom