New Years Day in Rhode Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Brrrrrr. I will be passing on that. Don't think my 5 mil wet will cut it. Have fun. Post a photo.

Thank you for letting me know, i put it on my calendar. I won’t dive this year but will check it out for next year.

Brrrrrr. I will be passing on that. Don't think my 5 mil wet will cut it. Have fun. Post a photo.

We can waterproof tape the zippers, neck, ankles and wrist. Make it a 5 mil drysuit and your all set.

Thank you for letting me know, i put it on my calendar. I won’t dive this year but will check it out for next year.

It is next year! :)

Ok, you! This “New Year”!
I will show up and see how others deal with cold day.
Also i bought tank and regs so it going to be a diving summer.

Sorry, couldn't resist, didn't even try :wink:

The way I do it is, put my dry suit on and off in the heated tent provided by Red. I consume the hot food and drink available before and after the dive and generally enjoy myself.

Good on you for your gear purchase! I'm thinking of using my DH New Years Day, inflate my dry suit from a pony bottle. DH don't freeze up in the cold. See you there!

Friday I went in my 7 mil farmer john for the "Dec. 20 I'm by myself Nova Scotia" dive. Only 17 minutes, but maybe the early Jan. one can reach 20 mins.?
Dec. 1 the water temp. was 50F. Dec. 20 was 40F -- that was a rare incredible jump for the ocean. More typical of a lake.

Friday I went in my 7 mil farmer john for the "Dec. 20 I'm by myself Nova Scotia" dive. Only 17 minutes, but maybe the early Jan. one can reach 20 mins.?
Dec. 1 the water temp. was 50F. Dec. 20 was 40F -- that was a rare incredible jump for the ocean. More typical of a lake.

That's about the same time for me in my 7 mil farmer john with a 2mm hooded vest, 15-20min. If I do more I'll be shivering by the time I get out of the water. Fall / Winter storms bring the cold water from the deep to the shallows. Gets cold fast after Oct. around here. Newport RI
Station ID: 8452660 reports 36.5°F (2.5°C) water temp today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom