New Years in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Two New Years in a row in Bonaire...what the heck am I thinking? Anyway, for those that missed last year's trip report, you can read it here - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20563.

This year, there are 3 of us headed down on Dec 31 and staying through Jan 7. We have room for a 4th and could probably expand beyond that if anyone else is interested. PM me for details.

Based on lessons learned last year, we plan to get there early enough to hook up with some tanks and ring in the new year somewhere on the reef.

If anyone else is going to be there during this time let us know and we will treat you to Amstel Brites at City Cafe or Karel's.

hmmm... too bad, I already booke dfor the next week (nov8-16)..
Would have been a pleasure to dive with you.

ok, let me guess, it's the Dutch girls, isn't it?

ok, let me guess, it's the Dutch girls, isn't it?
Someone said there is decent diving on the island, but I can only remember the girls from City Cafe..

OK Eric ..I'll bite ..
Why Bonaire .. not that I'm starting a fight ..lol ..I'd go to Bonaire for New Years.. if I wasn't already going to Bourbon Street.

Natasha once bubbled...
OK Eric ..I'll bite ..
Why Bonaire .. not that I'm starting a fight ..lol ..I'd go to Bonaire for New Years.. if I wasn't already going to Bourbon Street.
You know, when we sat down to plan a New Year's trip, we had no idea where to go, but we threw Bonaire in the ring because I mentioned going last year. Well, once the dust settled, it was the most bang for the diving buck and the other 2 people I am traveling with have never been there.

So, Bonaire it is! Why, you wanna skip out on your trip and come with us?? What are you diving on Bourbon Street? :wink:

I'll be in Bonaire 2004 September ..when you really get the most bang for your buck.
On Bourbon street I'll be diving into the Hurricanes. :) Ever been there?

Natasha once bubbled...
I'll be in Boanire 2004 September ..when you really get the most bang for your buck.
On Bourbon street I'll be diving into the Hurricanes. :) Ever been there?
...but it sounds like fun! We'll save some of the reef for you in Sept..

:wacko: Eric, it's been a while since we've last chatted..... and to my surprise you're going to BONAIRE again???? WOW!!! Good for you!!! :D

I really wish I had the $$$$$ to attempt to go as well. That or you can spot me :wink: haha

o2 clean once bubbled...
:wacko: Eric, it's been a while since we've last chatted..... and to my surprise you're going to BONAIRE again???? WOW!!! Good for you!!! :D

I really wish I had the $$$$$ to attempt to go as well. That or you can spot me :wink: haha
It's a little shocking, but I can't let Jep ruin the reputation of all Americans down there, so we have to go back on a goodwill mission. Well, that and we have to spay all the donkeys in case he decides to go back..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom