“New” Zeagle Ranger Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning SB, I’m hoping there is a Zeagle SME around. I just purchased a “brand new” Zeagle Ranger. It’s brand new in the sense that it has never touched water or been worn, however it was made in October of 1996. I did a thorough inspection checking all of the webbing and buckles. There is no dry rot, I inflated the bladder and it holds air well.

I’m wondering if there is something I am missing or does anyone recommend swapping out any of the parts for new? The BC’s cummerbund has the “pull out” mesh pocket in the center which someone told me was only found on the LTD? The bladder has the two bottom rear OP/dump valves and the left shoulder inflator/ RE valve.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

View media item 210340

I had a Ranger from that era, really comfortable but a wee bit bulky for travel. The pull out mesh pocket I found to be a PITA and removed it. Suggestions - go dive and enjoy it.

Yes , they are great , I have one from around the same year , well used and still works like a charm .

There’s a cap on the end of the inflator pull dump valve near where it connects to the bladder so you can service the pull dump valve. Make sure its good and tight. Check the zip ties on the corrugated hose and consider replacing. Consider replacing the non- rebuildable inflator dump assembly. Make sure the screw on dump valves and inflator valve are securely attached to the bladder. Check the book screws for tightness.

Dive, dive, dive.

That’s all you need to do. Ranger LTD is a great BC. Almost best of both worlds - it’s back inflate, ditchable weights but still has pockets. Super durable and adjustable. Only downside is pretty bulky and heavy for travel. I prefer bpw, but if I didn’t, that would be a great choice. Not too good for cold water and aluminum tanks, but that’s more the fault of the tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom