New Zealand diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently did Poor Knights & White Island. Both superb sites - I couldn't pick a clear winner here.

bluey

Bluey:
I recently did Poor Knights & White Island. Both superb sites - I couldn't pick a clear winner here.

bluey
I have never done White but I have heard it leans slightly toward being the better site out of the two.
Who did you go out with?
Cheers
Azza

Azza:
I have never done White but I have heard it leans slightly toward being the better site out of the two.
Who did you go out with?
Cheers
Azza

I went out with Dive White. They were good but it is an expensive day out, $220 for two dives and that was with all my own gear.
I cringed at the price but at the end of the day I was all smiles :)

bluey

Personally i think The Knights is way way better than White Island. White Island has perhaps more Pelagic's but the amount of kelp there is a bit frustrating for us macro fans as is the long trip out there and the smell. I waited 3 days to get a dive there-not a lot to do in Whakatane. Dive White(sportsworld whakatane) are definately the team to go with though.
$220 for two dives with all your own gear??? We'd take you out for 2 dives at the knights and feed you an evening meal then drop you in for a nice dusk dive for less than that!!!

I have just completely fallen in love with NZ, but only been on land so far.

Is it possible to find dives that are 25C or warmer? Would a trip to Aus be needed for that, or is that too not possible?

There are some hot springs around Taupo...Nahh...I think they are 200 degrees celcius.

Sorry mate, the warmest I have ever had was 24 degrees...we were sweating down there:D

If the wedding is in Wellington take the ferry to Picton and dive with Dive Marlborough they are top notch i dived with them this past Oct and it was awesome diving. You can arrange day trips or a 3/4 day liveaboard with them.
http://www.godive.co.nz/ i highly recommend them me being a Dive Travel agent.

If you get Wreck Diving magazine there is an article in the last issue about diving the Lermontov by Richie Kohler, it was an awesome trip. you can get more info at www.scubaplanners.com or bbuchanan@scubaplanners.com

be glad to tell you all about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom