• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Newbie detectorist looking for suggestions about detectors best for detection while diving

Discussion in 'Underwater Treasures' started by Stryder, Feb 20, 2021.

1. calabash digger

calabash digger ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Equinox 600 will do you just fine...Same basic performance as the 800 . The 800 just has more adjustments ...

2. BurhanMuntasser

BurhanMuntasser Dive Charter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

Many years ago I tried it and became addicted to it. I ended up becoming a dealer for Minelab through my dive store in NY. Went detecting off swimming beaches in the fall after the swim season ended. I would wear my drysuit and tank and detect for hours in 1 - 2 meter deep water, fresh and salt.

Stryder and calabash digger like this.
  3. Bubblesong

Bubblesong ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    My sister mentioned that doing the sweep motion, while on a beach, she got strained from physically tiring motions after a while. Possibly she was overdoing it. I wondered anyone reports backaches or whatever from either on land or in water searches. Is it repetitive movement strain, or the equipment is heavy, or too long/short for person?
    Do you limit to 20-30 minutes and rest?

4. Stryder

Stryder Angel Fish

# of Dives: I just don't log dives

Bubblesong, you might want to add this as a separate post in this forum instead of just replying to my question so you can get more responses.
    Cheers, BK

Bubblesong likes this.