Newbie experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

javamama,
you hang in there, girl! Keep going to the pool until you feel absolutely comfortable. Different regs breathe differently and some have knobs at the mouth piece for adjusting the air flow. I know you'll be successful! And your enjoyment of the beautiful underwater world will be well worth the effort!
Good Luck to you!

~lildiver

Went back to the quarry today. I asked for and received a much better regulator and what a difference! Went under and only had to worry about things like my ears and water in my mask rather than suffocating. : )

I did notice a new student who ended up with the one that I had last time and she was experiencing the same difficulties, she had to get another in order to continue. So, I guess it wasn't all me after all.

of diving--a little water in the mask; a little pressure in the ears. So much nicer than no air to breathe! Congrats on being back in the water! BTW are you a certified diver now? If so YAHOOO!!! If not yet, then YAHOOO anyways 'cause you're well on your way.

So, the shop just turned around and issued the same regulator to another student? That's brilliant! :fury:

Mario - you read my mind.

I guess it must be easier than fixing it.

I thought that also but you wouldn't think a instructor would do something like that. Not too bright I tell ya.
They won't teach me rescue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom