NEWBIE... GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't see how to PM people on here at all. This site isn't user friendly when everything today is based off Facebook messenger type platform.

I can't see how to PM people on here at all. This site isn't user friendly when everything today is based off Facebook messenger type platform.

Click on someone’s username. Then click on “Start a Conversation.”

Yes, I have mask, fins, snorkels (plural) and pretty good quality too.

Click on someone’s username. Then click on “Start a Conversation.”
Yeah.. I saw that.. but that's very vague. I didn't know if it was a private conversation or one that would be posted on this site. Again, we all use "PM" today, not "Start a Conversation."

Yeah.. I saw that.. but that's very vague. I didn't know if it was a private conversation or one that would be posted on this site. Again, we all use "PM" today, not "Start a Conversation."

It’s a Private Message (PM). It’s just called a conversation instead of a PM.

Yes, literally every other forum that I’m on calls it a PM instead of a Conversation, but the function is the same. It’s not something that I’d get all wrapped around the axle over though.

Dive Diving Equipment

This item is near me. Can someone PM me about it ? Hell, I can't even find PMs on this site ! Not user friendly to me !
Kind of a general rule of what I go by buying used it that it is an item that is still in production, target price is around 50% of what I can buy it for new. This is not a perfect method but at least you won't get stuck buying something you can't get serviced.

if you have mask and fins covered, you have to determine how often you will be diving and what your rental costs so you can compare renting vs buying. if you are renting more than 5 times a year, then you may want to consider buying.

i would recommend the dgx package with a shearwater peregrine. or the deep 6 signature regs and dgx bpw.

DGX Custom - DGX Singles Harness / Backplate / Wing + D6 Reg Package

Get a computer and learn how to use it. Its small, light, and it is critical you know how to use it.

After that, consider exposure protection.

A good regset after that.

Finally a BC. Its the least important piece of gear... and its a bulky item to travel with.

As you dive, you'll also find items you like. Maybe get to borrow/rent a back inflate style, or borrow an extra bp/wing from someone.

Do you have price points in mind? Could do some recommendations for ya. Here or privately. Your call.

If you dive quarrys u should consider a good 7mm semidry. Or a drysuit..

Regs should be able to handle cold water.

Dive Diving Equipment

This item is near me. Can someone PM me about it ? Hell, I can't even find PMs on this site ! Not user friendly to me !
US Diver is a discontinued company so I wouldn't recommend their regulators for a new diver due to parts and service issues. If you are buying used regulators, make sure they are serviced before you buy them so you don't get a surprise or spend money after the purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom