Newbie question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sobe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings,

Quick Newbie question. I was already invited to check out your group as Im in Miami with a 2 person kayak but I responded that I would like to get my dive count up before trying this new kayak style.

But... Im addicted and I just dropped a small fortune on gear. So now, Im wondering if its better to spend the money on my last 2 items (tank/weights - as dive boats have that usually) then learn "your ways" that way I could get more dives in because air fills are cheaper then boat dives. As that whole eating/shelter thing keeps hurting my scuba budget :D Any advice? I am a safe diver (though new) and in great shape.

This kayak work? Bic Tobago
Thanks for any thoughts!

I've been yak diving since 2003 & part of the reason I got into it was because I could dive when I wanted to dive, where I wanted to dive & for as long as I wanted to dive for the price of an air fill & a tank of gas to get there. Be careful before buying a yak though. They are not all made the same & some yaks are great for diving off of & others aren't.

I know this is a pretty old post, but by now you probably have a few yak dives under your belt, was wondering if you were looking for a buddy. I am going for my advanced in August.. want to get more dives down yak diving, Or was thinking about buying a used zodiac to paddle out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom