Newbie to diving from South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome. Some really good diving there in RSA. Especially the colder water down near Capetown.

Welcome! A regular buddy of mine here in the US Midwest wants to dive with the sharks off SA. I told him he was nuts. :wink:

I'd actually recommend the sharks. As long as you don't bother them, they don't bother you. Although the raggies might come and inspect you, just because they are curious as to what this new thing is in their territory :daydream: Worth having a camera with you for those times!

I learned to dive in Cape Town >40 years ago. Still some of the best diving I’ve ever done. Go back every 5 years or so. Diving has not changed but harder to get back on the rubber duck for these 60 yr old bones!

I'd recommend also looking at Port Elizabeth. Not quite as cold as Capetown, but still amazing. Especially if you are there in the right season and you can hear the whales singing while you are underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom