• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Newbie to Mares Products: Questions

Discussion in 'Mares... Just add Water!' started by scubaseeker, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Greg Barlow

Greg Barlow Manta Ray

# of Dives:
    Mike,

The MR32 first stage is a bit larger in size than the MR42. It uses the same internal parts as the MR22, and many of the other Mares diaphragm first stages. The 42 is considerably smaller than the other offerings, and it does not offer many interchangeable parts. For example, the HP assembly will only fit the 42, while the same HP tri-material valve is used in the 22/32/16/12 series.

The 32 also has a 1/2" primary port rather than the 3/8" found on the 42. The remaining 3 LP ports on the 32 are 3/8". No problem, as 1/2" hoses are easy to locate. The MR22 also has the same hose sizing as the 32. The 42 uses all 3/8" LP hoses.

Your Suunto D6 is perfectly fine to use. The Mission console allows the computer to be on the same unit as the SPG, depth gauge, and compass. I use wrist mounted computers, so it is not a big deal to me.

Greg

2. esguerra1

esguerra1 Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Thanks for that Greg. I'll have a look now!

Scubaseeker - I sent you a PM (private message) have a look. Good luck!

3. scubaseeker

scubaseeker Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Hi all, this is just a quick thanks for you advice and help on preparing my regulator and other useful information on my Mares kit. Last week I did two wreck dives nervous about my equipment, but thanks to you, esp. esquerra1, it worked fine, though still need to find my optimum buoyancy. which I hope to do this weekend. Once again, many thanks.

4. Ouvea

Ouvea Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hi Greg:

I think my US Divers Micra with SEA first stage also has 1/2" connector for the primary hose. Why did the manufacturer chose this? Does it offer better performance in some way?

Thanks,
    Claude

5. gNats

gNats Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    By SP I think you mean ScubaPro. I'm not doing a comparison of the two companies (Mares vs SP) or their products. But, rest assured, YOU DO NOT HAVE AN UKNOWN BRAND with Mares.

They are very respected within the dive community.

I dive a Mares She-Dive (The female version of the proton) along with their fins, and BCD. I am very pleased with my Mares choices.

6. NCadiver

NCadiver Dive Shop

It does offer better air flow and preformace but you would have to use a machine to see it. Current models don't have 1/2" connector anymore.