Newbiw Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here one from a newbie

a. Shoot at your camera's maximum resolution.
You will need this fine details, especially when you are doing cropping later. You can down size the image, but not upsize it - in terms of resolution or detail.

b. Buy the biggest memory card that you can afford. They are fairly affordable and are reusable. Also, if you don't intend to download your photos daily onto your notebook while on a dive trip, this HUGE memory card can be a life saver.

You may want to format the memory card, before the start of a trip, just to be sure that everything is OK.

(PS: I am using a 1GB CF card - can last about 5 - 8 dives, averaging 100 shots per dive)

c. Don't forget the spare batteries. Beg or borrow extra from your friends if you have to. Have been sabotaged once where the hotel room's wall socket wasn't working. OUCH.

d. Clean the camera & O-rings on the casing daily. That little speck of sand or something, can cause flooding.

e. Don't forget to inform your dive group that you could be left behind as you are taking photograph.

I have panicked buddies & DMs before, coz some didn't know that when i say slow & steady, I really mean SLOW.

At one juncture, my buddy did abandon me, coz he wanted to see 15 miles of reefs in 1 tank, whereas I wanted to snap 15 subject in 1 reef.

Fortunately, I get to practise "missing diver search" after each subject.

My 2 bubbles worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom