Next Dive Trip Suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ilaria

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would love to hear suggestions on where to travel next for our diving holiday. We can easily get into visiting the same places which we absolutely love and keep going back to. There is so much out there on our bucket lit and would like somewhere exotic, warm, with great beaches, and more of a local vibe where we can immerse ourselves.

We love Thailand overall Ko Tao, Ko Samui, Khao Lak, Similian Islands. Had a great time in Bali loving Nusa Lembognan and Candidasa areas. Had an amazing time in Galapagos and also liked Isla Mujeres. All had relatively warm temperatures and a great combination of diving and local experience. We are not into more populated, fancier places which are more city like versus local dive communities. Where would you go next.

Raja Ampat and Komodo are are on our list. Would also consider Papaua New Guinea, Sipidan, Malaysia or somewhere in Vietnam. Considered Maldives and Seychelles think it may be more luxurious and less local. We do have two tickets on Qatar therefore leaving some South American, Caribbean bucket lists for another year along with a future planned Philippines.

Would love to hear places you could spend a couple weeks exploring.

Egypt and the Red Sea are wonderful dive vacation destinations. It is a more developed and populated country but there is such a rich history and much local culture to enjoy.

DanSinks there absolutely is. We do weekend dives all the time with sometimes wrecks, others reefs and just an array of lobstering (season is almost over) or spearfishing. I would definitely hit up a dive shop in the area.

If you have the time to hit the keys there are some wonderful dives there too! Not sure how long you are here but we sometimes fly down and then rent a one way car hitting dive sites and changing hotels up the keys.

Have a great visit and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Kathy, I appreciate the input. Would definitely like to make Red Sea and Egypt its just we spend so much time in big cities (travel for work) we are looking to find something a little more local and laid back for this trip.

I have been to Vietnam to both travel and dive. I would consider it more of a travel/vacation spot where you can find some decent diving in a couple of places, but I wouldn't consider it a dedicated dive destination. What time of year and how much time (including travel to and from) are you working with? Sounds like you'd prefer land based over a live aboard, is that correct?

We are pretty open at present but thinking between June and October. We just did a longer liveaboard and it was amazing in the Galapagos but thinking this time we would like a combination to offset the last one. I'm not opposed to doing a short liveabord 3/4 days and then land time too.

We are not so into muck diving is the one thing although can appreciate a dive or two here and there of such.

Have not done Vietnam, Combodia or Malaysia so pretty unfamiliar with towns and diving other than what we are researching. Could do Thailand or Indonesia again which are our regulars. =) Just looking for new suggestions.

We are pretty open at present but thinking between June and October. We just did a longer liveaboard and it was amazing in the Galapagos but thinking this time we would like a combination to offset the last one. I'm not opposed to doing a short liveabord 3/4 days and then land time too.

We are not so into muck diving is the one thing although can appreciate a dive or two here and there of such.

Have not done Vietnam, Combodia or Malaysia so pretty unfamiliar with towns and diving other than what we are researching. Could do Thailand or Indonesia again which are our regulars. =) Just looking for new suggestions.
Got it and thanks for the extra info. I personally wouldn't consider Vietnam, Peninsular Malaysia or Cambodia for "dive dedicated" vacations. I have lived or traveled in them extensively and love them all, but not for that purpose. East Malaysia is another story and definitely worth considering. But, based on everything you have stated so far about your preferences, the June to October time frame and the Qatar Airlines tickets, I would probably be looking at Komodo or Sulawesi. There are some people here on the Board with extensive experience in that region who would be very helpful. @Luko is one such person that comes to mind.

Fiji is another place to consider, but wasn't on your bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom