NFL network on cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A lot of scubaboard members are big NFL football fans. At this time there is a BIG PROBLEM with Time Warner Cable not wanting to carry the NFL Network on basic cable. Time Warner says there are not enought subscribers which would want to watch their programing to justify the extra 2 cents per day it would cost each customer. Each side has there own web sight talking about the problem. Time Warner has NFL's Bad Call and the NFL promotes their view on I Want My NFL Network! . My view is that Time Warner should carry the NFL network on basic cable at no additional cost to the subscribers. Time Warner wants to put it in a "special sports tier" at around $10/month to subscribe or have each game offered on a "pay per view" option.

Time Warner says there are not enought subscribers which would want to watch their programing to justify the extra 2 cents per day it would cost each customer.

Oh, but it's perfectly fine to put on LOGO and it's multitude of viewers... :25:

Let Time Warner know what you think on this issue. You could try to call or write Time Warner but they have made it difficult by telling people to contact their local office. Here your comments usually die unless it supports their position. I am asking everyone to call Melissa Sorola at 210-710-0474 .... she is a media contact person for Time Warner. This is her cell phone number and you will be asked to leave a message by her service. Please tell her we want the NFL Network on basic cable.

You know, the cable companies being the monopolies that they are, they do not need to listen to their consumers. Due to this, I do not really see any good coming from complaining to them.

If the opposite were the case we would have better service at lower prices (and even perhaps, gasp, being able to select/pay for solely those channels we want, something cable companies wrongly claim is not technologically possible).

I also started an email about this subject to see how many NFL fans would contact Time Warner. To my surprise as the email worked it's way thru the internet and more and more people get it because it is being forward I found out that most upset Timer Warner subscribers have deceided to cancel their service and go with Direct TV. I have had over a dozen emails from people I don't know said they were tired of the problems with Time Warner and deceided to make the change.

i read the title of the thread & got excited about a north florida network...24 hrs of cave diving videos...oh well, maybe i'm the only one who wants that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom