Niagara River Drift Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone!!

DD's annual Treasure hunt is this Sunday the 30th.

A Drift Dive, a Picnic, and lots of Prizes.

I'll be there helping out.

Anybody going??

We had a great day for it!! About 60 divers showed up. Hot and Muggy, Sun and Clouds. Water temp 76, vis 5-6' (due to run-off from last night rain).
Great prizes, good fun. and Good food!!

Cool!! I wanted to go but didn't have the $$ to make it!

Glad to hear it was fun. Did you get to dive, Rick?

Derek S:
Glad to hear it was fun. Did you get to dive, Rick?

No, I was working. Helping with set-up, Cooking, and playing DiveMaster.

What does a DiveMaster do on a Drift Dive? :14:

When you put over 60 divers in the River to drift a mile in current with heavy boat traffic, you need to make sure they all get out.
After giving them all instructions, they still don't all get out where planned :shakehead :wink:

Tavi:
No, I was working. Helping with set-up, Cooking, and playing DiveMaster.

What does a DiveMaster do on a Drift Dive? :14:

When you put over 60 divers in the River to drift a mile in current with heavy boat traffic, you need to make sure they all get out.
After giving them all instructions, they still don't all get out where planned :shakehead :wink:

I know, belive me, I know. Remember last year....my "here one second, gone the next insta-buddy"....:11:

D- be glad! Rhonda and I had roto-tiller boy....I swear he rolled in the mud, picked up every damn bottle we found.... ugh!

And Rick-how are you supposed to know when to get out, without popping up and down all the time?

hnladue:
D- be glad! Rhonda and I had roto-tiller boy....I swear he rolled in the mud, picked up every damn bottle we found.... ugh!

And Rick-how are you supposed to know when to get out, without popping up and down all the time?

They were told to pop up after xx minutes to see where they were at. Nothing wrong with coming up to see where you are.

They were also told to drift down to the Gazebo to exit. They could do this on the surface if neccesary.
There were a few angry boaters when we had some divers exit at the boat launch.
The boaters pay to launch there.

Back
Top Bottom